Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back to School


I survived the first week! I got into each of the classes that I was hoping to get into, and I braved the snow. I am taking four classes along with three institute classes. I am enjoying them all and am excited to learn. It is a bit different though living in the cold. I have had to learn how to scrape the ice off of my car, how to dress for the cold, how to drive in it, and how to walk without slipping. It has been an experience to say the least. I am getting the hang of it though, and am finding that the snow is beautiful...when you are not in it! My mom sent me a poem this week that I absolutely loved, and I think relates to my present situation. I changed it a bit, but I hope you like it!


It's winter in Logan
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Logan,
When the snows up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Logan
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

5 comments:

Heather said...

That was a good poem. You know what is fun to do in the snow? Go to the church parking lot and slide around (when there are no cars there of course) We used to hang on the back and be dragged around. I think snow is pretty when it first falls.

Heather said...

slide around in your vehicle--you knowhutimean?

Mary said...

silly poem! I totally relate to the frozen nose hairs...nothing like it. That picture is so beautiful and even more so since i can just look!

Love you and i'm jealous of you and your 3 institute classes. Let me guess, mission prep being one of them?

Kristin said...

hahaha I loved that :)

Tara Fisher said...

That is an amazing picture. love it!