Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rollerblading...

My roommate and I go rollerblading sometimes, and it is so much fun. When we went rollerblading on the night this picture was taken it wasn't as fun. We decided to get a group together one night to play games at a park. We made the trip over with two guys from our ward. We rollerbladed, while they rode a longboard and a bike. When we got to the park we played "Blind-man's Bluff" and soccer. After we were done playing we made our way back to our apartments. If any of you know anything about Utah roads, then you would know that they are not the best. Keeping that thought in mind, on our journey back home we came upon a very rocky and cracked part of the road. It had tons of pebbles all over, and so I tried to get through them as well as I could. Unfortunately, I got a couple stuck in my wheels so I couldn't move. I plummeted straight onto the hard ground. It hurt so bad! I tried to act all tough and so I started laughing and gave a bow as I stood up. Everyone told me to get a ride with one of our friends that had driven, but I refused and kept rollerblading. As I was painfully making my way home, I looked down at my hand and found blood all over it. I hadn't even noticed it! When we finally arrived I also found that my knees had been torn up pretty good, but not as bad as my hand. Everyone tried to help me clean it up, and it hurt so much! I am totally fine, but am a baby. I will probably be riding my rollerblades again soon!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I push a stroller when I rollerblade so I don't fall because I know I would a lot!