Monday, September 29, 2008

Road Trip

This weekend I needed a break, so on Friday afternoon I drove to Salt Lake City to see my great grandmother, Nana. We went out to dinner at our usual restaurant, "Chuck O' Rama". We then went back home and visited with some of her neighbors. In the morning before I left Nana told me stories about her childhood. It was a lot of fun learning about my ancestors and feeling like they were a part of me. I had a hard time leaving because I love my Nana so much. We created memories this weekend that I will cherish forever. 

When I left my Nana's house I drove to Provo. I went and stayed with my cousin, Mckenzie who is going to BYU. It was fun seeing her and my other friends (Katelynn Jones and Amy Allen). The next day, Sunday, I went to a mission farewell of my friend Brian Thompson (on the left). His family along with the guy on the right, Eric Gudmundson, have been my family's friends for a long time. We lived next to them when I was three years old, and we have done something with them every year. I had a great time being with them and remembering the good old days. This weekend was absolutely fabulous! I am even more proud that I drove all over Utah by myself!

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a beautiful memory you will always cherish. What a sweet nana!

Heather said...

I miss Nana! That is great that you are there and can go visit her.
Are you coming home for thanksgiving? Cherolyn and Josh are thinking of coming-maybe you could travel down together.?