Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving!


      
Usually our family does the Turkey Trot, or the city of Mesa's Thanksgiving run, every year on Thanksgiving morning. This year however, I was the only one that represented the Porter family. I was really nervous because I hadn't run for awhile, but I did great! I ran all six miles without stopping and finished strong! What was even more fun though was seeing my old teammates and running with them. I just love running!

On Saturday morning I went to the temple with my dad and siblings to do baptisms for some of our ancestors. There were a lot of people that day, but it was alright because we got to spend more time together in the temple. It was such a neat experience!


It was wonderful to go home for Thanksgiving break. I had missed my family so much! When you are away from home you truly realize what you are most grateful for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in the picture behind the lady in the purple running! Haha! Thanks for making me run fast!!!